We’re excited to share that Polls in Messenger are back and here to help coordinate activities or share opinions by voting in your group chats. The Polls feature is easy to use and lets you skip lengthy discussions around the best time for your virtual happy hour or which recipe to try by giving people the opportunity to weigh in on a specific question or topic. Power users of the previous version of Polls will note that we’ve refreshed the look and feel with new colors and an updated button to vote. We’ve also added Polls to the Messenger Desktop app, available for both Mac and Windows users.
Here’s how it works:
Create a Poll:
- Tap on + and select Polls in a group chat
- From there you can add a question for your friends to vote by selecting Type in the Poll Question
- Select Options, then tap Create Poll to submit your topic to the group chat
Participate in a Poll:
- Tap anywhere on the Poll in the chat thread to bring up the Polls details screen
- Select Polls Option(s), select your answer, then tap Submit
All group threads with more than 2 people will be able to use the Polls feature.
We’re happy to bring this popular feature back to Messenger and hope it will make it easier for you to stay connected in a simple, fun and engaging way. The Polls feature is available today on Messenger for iOS, Android, Web and Desktop.