Today, we’re announcing new features to enhance your experience in Messenger Rooms, joinable group video calls that make it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests.
Personalize your Room
In addition to Messenger’s AR effects, like immersive 360-degree backgrounds and mood lighting filters, we are starting to roll out a new way to personalize your room and video chats on mobile. We are introducing the ability to customize your background with your own photos so you can now video chat from your favorite sunset. You could even customize your background with a funny home video.
Create, Join and Manage Rooms within Messenger
We’re also rolling out a completely new and easier way to create and discover Rooms within Messenger on mobile – you can now create, share, manage and drop by a room all within your app. Within Messenger, you’ll be able to:
- Discover Rooms: Rooms that you have been invited to will show up at the top of your Chats tab in your Inbox.
- Create Rooms: Ability to create a room is front and center in your Chats tab.
- Edit Rooms: You can create a room with a default, suggested or custom activity, set a future start date and customize your audience selection.
- Manage Rooms: View, join, and edit the rooms you have created. You can also invite more people to a scheduled room and delete a room you don’t want to be active anymore.
- Share Rooms: Send notifications to ensure your invited friends don’t miss out.