Mercury’s in retrograde again! Between September 27 and October 18, Mercury, the planet that rules communication and coordination, will appear to be traveling backwards across the sky. For those of us that turn to astrology for guidance on love, life and work, Mercury in retrograde is a time when people are known to experience confusion, communication mishaps and planning difficulties.
While you can’t outrun the stars, fear not – whether you’re channeling Leo Royalty or Virgo Excellence, we’ve got some tips and tools to help you navigate the tricky online communications waters and channel some good vibes with Messenger’s new star-powered artwork ⭐️🪐.
Five Ways to Survive Mercury Retrograde:
- Keep the good energy flowing with new Astrology artwork: Get your group chats in a cosmic frame of mind with Messenger’s new Astrology chat theme. Try out the Astrology AR effect (nod your head to change the sign!) and sticker pack with designs for every sign.
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions: Can’t seem to decide on your vacation plans, a new tagline for your campaign, or even what movie to see this weekend? Use polls to make sure everyone’s perspectives are reflected when making decisions during this clouded time.
- Talk It Out: If you’re feeling like your written messages aren’t hitting the mark, start a video chat or set up a Room so everyone can see and hear each other. It’s amazing what being able to see facial expressions and hearing someone’s tone of voice can do to help resolve misunderstandings!
- Digital Detox: Cleanse your inbox from threads that don’t serve you anymore. Simply swipe left or long press on your chat thread and select “Archive.”
- Protect your energy: If you’re experiencing unwanted interactions, don’t hesitate to use Messenger’s blocking and reporting features to create a space for authentic connections.
Since Mercury rules communication in all forms, it’s a perfect time to focus on how you connect with your friends and family. We’re here to help you take a moment, reflect and set your chats up for success during – and after! – Mercury retrograde season.