Introducing #KillerReels, Your Chance to Meet Jamie Lee Curtis in a Custom-Built Halloween Meta Horizon World!
- Meta’s Messenger, Instagram, Horizon Worlds, and Creative Shop have teamed up with Universal Pictures to launch a haunting and fun-filled Messenger chat experience in celebration of the release of Halloween Ends-–this time giving fans an opportunity to build their own custom Halloween #KillerReels for a chance to win a spooky surprise!
- One lucky winner of the #KillerReels challenge will be invited to meet Jamie Lee Curtis in the first-ever virtual meet ‘n greet in a custom-built Halloween Meta Horizon World!
- The #KillerReels experience will be available across Messenger and Instagram starting October 13th.
The Final Showdown
After 45 years the queen of scream, Jamie Lee Curtis, is back to take on Michael Myers in a bloodthirsty showdown one final time.
In celebration of the last frightening flick in the Halloween franchise and the upcoming release of Halloween Ends on October 13th, Meta’s Messenger, Instagram, Horizon Worlds, and Creative Shop have teamed up with Universal Pictures to launch another spooky and fun-filled Messenger chat experience—this time giving fans an opportunity to build their own custom Halloween Reels (with an added surprise)!
Halloween fans that tap into the Messenger chat experience can win the chance to exclusively hang out in Meta Horizon Worlds with Jamie Lee Curtis. To enter, fans can upload their scariest #KillerReel and post to Instagram or Facebook. #KillerReels are your chance to be part of the epic conclusion of the Halloween saga!
In the #KillerReels experience, fans can choose between several spooky scenes they want to act out in a Reel – including showcasing your best scream, hyping up Laurie Strode and a chance to tell Jamie Lee Curtis why you’re her biggest fan.
Developed in partnership with Meta’s Creative Shop and Universal, fans can access the #KillerReels experience on both Messenger and Instagram. To begin the #KillerReels experience, head to the @HalloweenMovie Facebook page and click ‘Send Message,’ or send a DM to @HalloweenMovie on Instagram.
“We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with Universal as we celebrate Halloween’s final installment with a new kind of shareable shivers. Join us on Messenger and Instagram to step inside the new movie, interact with Michael Myers himself, and create your own #KillerReels,” said Rebecca Resnick, Creative Shop, Meta.
Halloween Ends lands in theaters and streams only on Peacock TV beginning October 14. Tune in and make sure to check out the new #Killer Reels experience on Messenger and Instagram.
Other Ways to Show Off Your Spooky this Szn
Check out our all-new “Spooky Vibes” Halloween Chat Theme available on Messenger and Instagram beginning October 15th. In the “spirit” of Halloween, there are things you can see and things you can’t. Toggle between light mode and dark mode in the chat theme to check out custom features like black cats, witches, spiders, and glow-in-the-dark ghosts!
Messenger will also release six new Halloween camera stickers to up-level your photos and stories shared with friends and family as you show off your costumes and chat all things spooky this season.
From all of us at Messenger, Happy Halloween! 🎃
How to Access New Spooky Season Features:
Spooky Vibes Chat Theme (Messenger + Instagram):
- Open a chat thread, access your chat settings, tap “Theme” and select the Spooky Vibes chat theme. You can also use the new chat theme shortcut (Messenger iOS and Android) by typing “/” and tapping “/theme” from the command picker to pull up the list of available chat themes. On Instagram, open a chat thread and tap on the information button at the top right corner of your screen, then select ‘Theme.’
Camera Stickers (Messenger)
- Camera Stickers: Take a photo or video in the Messenger app and tap the smiley face sticker icon to access the “Spooky Vibes” camera stickers.